was praying before when he received the commission
from the Lord to rebuild the Church. The original cross hangs in the
Basilica of Saint Clare in Assisi, Italy. Franciscans
cherish this cross as the symbol of their mission from God.
copy was produced in 1990, by members of the congregation under the
leadership of Nancy Lamplugh, during a Franciscan Mission to Hessle with
the theme 'Open to God'.
Church from South East.
Church Exterior from North
Church Exterior from South East.
Church Exterior from South
View from East.
Memorial or St. Barnabas Chapel.
Bishop's Chair, Sanctuary
looking north west towards organ.
Memorial to Revd Frederick
East Window dedicated to All
Window depicting the parable
of the Good Samaritan..
(See if you can see where the
Lectern AD 1926
Memorial from the masons...
Various Memorials and
Hatchments (to the
left is the oldest visible memorial in the church)
Oldest Glass Fragments (see
reference in History Section Stained Glass.
Fragments of original stone
window found during end 19th Century restoration.